(NC) Just because summer is over doesn't mean you need to huddle indoors yet. Fall delivers gorgeous colours and pleasant temperatures that often make spending time outside more enjoyable than during summer scorchers.
So, get adventurous and explore everything Canada has to offer, including our beautiful shorelines. From lakes, rivers and creeks, to watersheds and ocean beaches, there are many hidden gems in your community waiting to be discovered. Here are some easy tips to help you plan your next outdoor adventure and give back to nature at the same time:
• Get a map of the area from your local tourism bureau or search online.
• Pinpoint an area with a waterway you've never been to before.
• Research the area and understand the lay of land before heading out — safety first.
• Pack a reusable water bottle, proper outdoor gear and supplies.
• Get friends and family together and off you go.
Make your discovery trip a meaningful one by doing a shoreline cleanup while you're there. Find an area that needs some TLC using the interactive map on the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup website at shorelinecleanup.ca and get ready to cleanup and explore.